By “Gorgeous” Garrett Smith
Monday Night RAW opened with a frenzy. After the craziness that went down during the RAW Women’s Championship match at Money in The Bank we had new champ Alexa Bliss celebrating in the ring. This caused the woman that was screwed at the event to steamroll to the ring to confront Bliss. Naturally, things got heated and Rousey snapped, attacking the champ. She even went as far as assaulting General Manager Kurt Angle, as well as other officials who tried to stop the melee to no success. Things concluded when Rousey put Bliss through a table that was set up in the ring before she stormed to the backstage area. Almost immediately we saw Angle suspend Rousey for thirty days. This will no doubt be the “reason” she will not get another shot at the title at the coming July ppv Extreme Rules, and we won’t see her until the build for Summerslam.
Other RAW Highlights Include:
- Dolph Ziggler defeats Seth Rollins for the Intercontinental title in shocking fashion.
- Bobby Roode defeats Curt Hawkins to extend his losing streak to 204.
- Monster in the Bank Braun Strowman declares that he is waiting for Brock Lesnar to simply show up so that he can cash in.
- The B-Team mocks Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy.
- Jinder Mahal defeats Chad Gable.
- Sasha Banks and Bayley are defeated by the Riott Squad in tag team action, and then the friends brawl backstage after.
- Kurt Angle announces that there will be a multi-man match at Extreme Rules to determine the number one contender to Brock Lesnar.
- Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley defeat The Revival.
- Elias serenaded the audience with a song calling out Lesnar.
- Baron Corbin and Kevin Owens defeat Braun Strowman and Finn Balor.
At Money in The Bank we found out that ‘Mella was money. So, to open Smackdown Live we had her celebration of retaining her title and again proclaiming that she was not only better than Charlotte Flair, but better than Asuka as well. This prompted Asuka’s music to ho hit. However, it was not the empress of tomorrow herself, but rather a returning James Ellsworth, whom aided Carmella at the ppv. Low and behold, the actual Asuka showed up to confront the pair, but they scurried away before any payback could be done.
Other Smackdown Live Highlights Include:
- Becky Lynch defeats Billie Kay via submission.
- Sanity made their long-awaited debut and laid out the Uso’s before the match could even begin.
- The Bludgeon Brothers defeat Gallows and Anderson to retain their Tag Team titles.
Earlier in the program, General Manger Paige proclaimed that there would be a number one contender’s match to determine who will face WWE Champion AJ Styles at Extreme Rules that evening. The twist? It was to be a gauntlet match. Now we have have seen in recent months how good this type of match could be, and this one compared nicely. The competitors were Big E, Rusev, The Miz, Samoa Joe, and Daniel Bryan. Bryan initially outlasted Big E, and then showed some smarts when he defeated Joe by countout. Things got weird shortly afterward because The Bludgeon Brothers came out and beat down the fan favorite. This allowed The Miz to easily defeat his former foe. However, the crowd popped hard when Rusev made his way to the ring as the final competitor, and also when he forced Miz to submit to the Accolade. Styles emerged and shook hands with his future opponent. This is awesome. Personally, I am very happy for Rusev because he finally gets his due. I believe that this is actually his first world title opportunity with the company, and after the ordeal with him getting passed over for Jinder Mahal last summer, it’s long overdue. It was a very happy Rusev Day.
205 Live Highlight Include:
- Drew Gulak defeats Lince Dorado with a Dragon Sleeper.
- TJP defeats another jobber yet again.
- Hideo Itami defeated Mustafa Ali, and Buddy Murphy in a triple threat match.
NXT Highlights Include:
- Bianca Bel Air dazzles again in a victory over Dakota Kai
- The War Raiders win in a squash mash.
“Gorgeous” Garrett is the Head Writer for Mark Set Go and a former SmackDown Predictions Champion. To stay up to date on thoughts on WWE and much more follow him on twitter @SmithGarrett91