By “Gorgeous” Garrett Smith
In typical Monday Night RAW fashion, we opened with a segment featuring Roman Reigns. It wasn’t overly horrible though. It began with General Manger Kurt Angle and Constable Baron Corbin about to announce something regarding the Fatal-4-Way match at Extreme Rules, to determine Universal Champion Brock Lesnar’s next opponent. He was interrupted by Reigns, who wanted to hear the explanation in person. In turn, he was interrupted by Bobby Lashley, who also wanted to hear it for himself, and again throw shade Reigns’ way about not having the tools to beat Lesnar, and his number of attempts. This led Kurt to let them know that Lesnar and Paul Heyman squashed the whole match, so that it was not going to happen at this time. This led to the two teaming up again to face The Revival. Surprisingly, Dash and Dawson picked up the win over the much larger opponents, and further caused disdain between the soon to be rivals.
Other RAW Highlights Include:
- Curtis Axel defeats Matt Hardy.
- Alicia Fox returns from injury.
- The Authors of Pain return to tv to squash a pair of jobbers, and then have a confrontation with Titus Worldwide.
- Natalya defeats Alexa Bliss with the help of Nia Jax.
- Mojo Rawley cheap shots No Way Jose after telling him he wasn’t getting a rematch.
- Braun Strowman and Kevin Owens defeat Finn Balor and Baron Corbin via countout.
- Dolph Ziggler retains his Intercontinental Title over Seth Rollins.
This is it people. This is what we have been preparing for… We may have seen the beginning of a Bayley and Sasha Banks feud. We have seen the teases, and now tensions between the two have reached a point of explosion. After a six woman match with them teaming with Ember Moon against the Riott Squad, which saw the heels going over, Bayley kicked the dog shit out of Banks. It was amazing, and it baffles me because everyone is calling this a heel turn for the hugger, when all she is doing is making sure Banks finally gets her comeuppance for being such a crap friend. I expect an awesome match between the two to fill out the card for Extreme Rules, and a continued feud throughout the summer.
MizTV opened Smackdown Live this week, and The Miz hosted Tag Team Champions the Bludgeon Brothers. He applauded them for their attack on Daniel Bryan the previous week. Daniel Bryan himself then came out and challenged Harper to a match in the main event. In a good bout, Bryan was about to come from behind and win via submission, but Rowan interrupted the contest to cause a DQ. This led to the champions to viciously attack Bryan again. This is the fun part: Who made the save for our hero? His former partner and mayoral candidate Kane. He took out BB and went for an embrace with his former friend. Bryan eventually obliged and a chorus of “YES!!” chants echoed throughout the arena. Before we could fade to black and let the credit roll, General Manager Paige came out to announce that the reunited Team Hell NO!! would challenge BB for their tag titles at the upcoming Extreme Rules. This is awesome, I can’t wait.
Other SDLive Highlights Include:
- Rusev defeated Xavier Woods.
- Jeff Hardy issued an open challenge for his United States title, answered by Eric Young and it ended in a no contest, and turned into a six-man tag match between Sanity and Hardy with the Uso’s. Faces go over.
- Becky Lynch defeated Sonya Deville.
- Paige tells James Ellsworth that he will face Asuka one on one.
205 Live Highlights Include:
- Akira Tozawa defeated Tony Neese.
- Lio Rush makes his debut and defeated Dewey James
- Lucha House Party is defeated by The Brian Kendrick, Drew Gulak, and Jack Gallagher.
NXT Highlights Include:
- Tommaso Ciampa appears to challenge Aleister Black for his NXT Championship.
- Kona Reeves defeats Max Humberto.
- Candace LeRae defeats Lacey Evans with a beautiful moonsault.
- Johnny Gargano wants another match with Ciampa.
- New tag champs Mustache Mountain along with Ricochet lose to Undisputed Era in a six-man tag match.
“Gorgeous” Garrett is the Head Writer for Mark Set Go and a former SmackDown Predictions Champion. To stay up to date on thoughts on WWE and much more follow him on twitter @SmithGarrett91